SEA-LNG membership provides members an opportunity to:
- Join a group of major, influential industry “First Movers” developing a credible advocacy position for the adoption of LNG as a marine fuel.
- Cut the costs of funding original research
- Converse with the world’s leading independent experts who SEA-LNG commission to conduct its research studies.
- Benefit from being part of a recognised global industry “Voice” for LNG marine fuel advocacy.
- Influence and inform targeted engagements with a variety of international and regional stakeholders: regulators/policy makers, maritime and energy industry players, NGO’s, finance and other related industry associations.
- Directly shape SEA-LNG activities and enhance knowledge through participation in bi-annual Members’ meetings and a variety of Member Working Groups focused on the Emissions, Investment, and Infrastructure cases for LNG as a marine fuel.
- Enjoy global networking opportunities with highly influential and engaged participants from all parts of the LNG marine value chain.
SEA-LNG participates in various industry platforms to promote and align our LNG marine fuel messaging and to leverage our communications:
- As the lead Maritime Member in the “LNG Protocol”, a group of European Natural Gas industry associations focused on providing regional EU and national government policy makers with fact-based information about LNG as a marine fuel
- Partnership with SGMF to support their consultative status at the IMO MEPC (International Maritime Organization Marine Environment Protection Committee)
- Maintaining regular and ongoing liaison with key industry associations on LNG as a marine fuel such as:
- International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- World Shipping Council (WSC)
- Poseidon Principles (A global framework for responsible ship finance)
- International Bunker Industry Association (IBIA)
- The Baltic and International Maritime Council (BIMCO)